ASABA Actuarial Women’s committee
The Actuarial Women’s Committee provides a meeting place for qualified and aspiring female actuaries. Its purpose is to encourage the increase in the number of qualified female actuaries as well as to promote the advancement of female actuaries in the workplace. The Committee currently operates as a sub-committee of ASABA and caters for women of all races and backgrounds.
- To increase the number of qualified female actuaries in South Africa.
- To provide a platform for the transfer of knowledge and skills to female actuaries in South Africa.
- To provide a forum in which female actuaries can network.
- To improve professionalism and other workplace skills of female actuaries in South Africa.
- To increase the number of women undertaking actuarial research in South Africa and to improve the quality of the researching skills of female actuaries.
Membership is extended to all female actuaries currently employed within the profession or actuarial students. However, all events and seminars will be inclusive to both genders.
- The Committee plans on hosting the following events to which members will be invited:
- Seminars, Workshops, Presentations, Conferences and other social events.
- Monthly newsletters and research papers to be circulated to all members.
- Members may volunteer to help Executive Committee members organize events.
- Study groups and discussions will be encouraged – members will have contact with other students who may be taking the same exams.