ASABA members range from students at the Universities of Pretoria, Witwatersrand, Free State and Cape Town, studying Actuarial Science, working students writing exams and members of the financial services sector. Members are offered:
- Vacation work opportunities for selected students;
- Access to ASABA hosted events such as mentorship sessions, AWC breakfasts, conference and Excellence Awards;
- Network with fellow professionals;
- Further their own professional development.
Benefits of being an individual member:
- Opportunities for professional development;
- The opportunity to network with other professionals with years of experience in the field;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Be instrumental in creating awareness about the profession;
- Play a role in transforming the actuarial profession.
Benefits of being a corporate sponsor:
- Offer much needed support to ASABA, its programmes and beneficiaries;
- Opportunities to advertise vacancies through ASABA;
- Access to students who have been mentored and participated in vacation work;
- Play an instrumental role in transformation of the actuarial profession and financial services sector overall;
- Networking opportunities;
- Advertise the organisation as one which contributes to and is committed to transformation.