In accordance with section 7.8 of the ASABA constitution, an independent electoral committee is mandated to call for nominations from members of the ASABA for official functions of the Executive Council before the Annual General Meeting happening every other year of the Association. To this effect, the next Executive Council election is expected to be held on 12 September 2019 and will be conducted by ballot at the 2019 Annual General Meeting of the ASABA in September 2019.
The following positions are available and will be served for a two-year term:
- The President-Elect
- The Secretary General
- The Deputy General Secretary General
- The Treasurer
- The Head of Mentorship
- The Head of Schools and Community Outreach
- The Head of Vacation Work Programme
- The Head of Membership
To fit for nomination, candidates:
- Must be members of ASABA excluding high school scholars and university students.
- The Executive Committee shall fill vacancies (either operational or within the Executive Committee) arising during the course of the year, with these being ratified at the next Annual General Meeting or Special Meeting.
- A member of the Executive Committee cannot serve on the Executive Committee for more than seven consecutive years, but he/she may be re-elected after he/she has been out of office for not less than two years.
- Read the constitution of ASABA to familiarize yourself with expected roles and responsibilities of Executive Council members.
- Then complete the nomination form if you think you have what it takes to run for office.
If you have any questions about the nominations or election process please contact the ASABA at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The call for Nominations will open on August 21 2019 and will close on 09 September 2019.
All voting shall be by ballot at the Annual General Meeting of the Association. A voting member unable to be present at an Annual General Meeting to cast his/her vote may vote by proxy, provided the person appointed as proxy is a voting member of the Association in good standing. A nominated member who is not present at the Annual General Meeting shall be entitled to be elected provided he/she has signified in writing his\her willingness to be elected.
After close of nominations and screening of applications, approved candidates will be notified before 12 September.
Members in good standing will elect the Executive Council 12 September during the General Annual Meeting. Accepted candidates are expected to be part of the Annual General Meeting and must be physically present at the election.